AIHA is a successful and growing international nonprofit organization dedicated to improving global public health through twinning partnerships and other innovative projects designed to build human resource and institutional capacity. Based in Washington, DC, AIHA has representative offices in seven countries and employs some 50 individuals who manage ongoing initiatives in more than 15 countries.
As a valued AIHA employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. AIHA offers an inclusive work environment committed to diversity and work/life balance, professional development opportunities, rewards and recognition for outstanding performance, and a culture that advocates community outreach and philanthropy.
Benefits & Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits: AIHA offers medical benefits through CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. Dental and Vision benefits are through Humana. AIHA pays 75% of all medical, dental, and vision premiums. We offer coverage for the individual, spouse/domestic partner, and family. Coverage starts the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- Financial Security: AIHA provides its staff members with basic life (1.5 times their salary), accidental death and dismemberment, short term disability and long term disability insurance at no cost to the employees. Staff members also have the option to purchase additional life insurance (portable) via payroll deductions.
- Retirement Plan: We offer one of the most generous 401(k) plans to our staff members. AIHA employees who contribute to the 401K plan will receive a matching contribution up to 4% of their base pay. AIHA contribution is 100% vested immediately.
- Profit Sharing Plan: We offer an additional profit sharing contribution to staff members based on seniority and longevity within the organization. Profit sharing contribution applies to all eligible employees whether they participate in the 401K retirement plan or not.
- Paid Time Off: We offer time off programs that include Vacation (15 days), Personal Time (2 days), Holidays (11 days with additional 1 floating holiday), Bereavement Leave (5 days), Sick Leave (11 days), Parental Leave (4 weeks), and Family/Medical Leave. We also follow the Federal Government with regard to closings and delayed arrivals.