Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
AIHA has more than 24 years of experience in the successful design and implementation of sustainable health interventions addressing complex health issues such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, maternal and child health, primary care and community health, emergency medicine, non-communicable diseases, and blood safety. We have managed more than $325 million in awards from U.S. Government agencies and other donor organizations, along with matching private-sector resources approaching $291 million.
Although AIHA has implemented a number of projects through more traditional, in-country consultancy-based methods, the vast majority of its projects in Eurasia and Africa have been implemented through an innovative peer-to-peer partnership methodology that mobilizes substantial voluntary commitment on the part of the U.S. health sector. AIHA is the world’s foremost proponent and implementer of this twinning approach to health systems strengthening and developing sustainable approaches for training human resources for health.
To learn more about our long history of successful projects, please consult the following lists, which are arranged according to technical area:
Broad-based Health Systems Strengthening
- Capacity Building for Primary Care and Health Management in Turkmenistan (2004-2006)
- Central Asia Medical Education Initiative (2004-2006)
- Community Leadership Development Program in Russia and Uzbekistan (2002-2006)
- EurasiaHealth Knowledge Network (2001-2011)
- Community-oriented Primary Care in Kazakhstan Project (2004-2006)
- Communities for International Development in Russia Project (2005-2007)
- Health Partnerships Program (1994-2006)
- Health Partnerships Program (1998-2008)
- Professional Skills Training Center for Family Medicine Project in Lori, Armenia
- Strategic Health Partnership Initiative (2007-2012)
- Baltic AIDS Training and Education Center (2008-2012)
- EurasiaHealth AIDS Knowledge Network (2004-2012)
- Evaluation of Integration of Medication-assisted Treatment for Injection Drug Users into HIV Medical Care in Leningrad Oblast, Russia (2012)
- Regional Knowledge Hub for the Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS in Eurasia (2004-2012)
- Russia HIV/AIDS Treatment, Care, and Support Project (2006-2012)
- Russia Professional Development in HIV/AIDS Medicine Project (2007-2012)
- St. Petersburg AIDS Training and Education Center (2006-2008)
- Ukraine National PMTCT Scale-up Project (2005-2007)
- Volga River AIDS Alliance Project (2007-2008)